X-Trace

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Oct 4 21:43:09 UTC 2011

Hi John,

> Can the X-Trace header field be silenced in INN 2.5.2?
> I'm not a Perl programmer. Perhaps commenting out lines 588-589 in
> /etc/news/filter/filter_innd.pl or changing 589 would work?

You should do it in filter_nnrpd.pl because the X-Trace: header field
you want to remove is generated by nnrpd, when the article is posted.

Something like:

sub filter_post() {
   $modify_headers = 1;
   $hdr{'X-Trace'} = undef;
   return "";
}

You can of course modify X-Trace: instead of removing it.
You can also do it only for the users you want to anonymize.  If they
are authenticated, $user contains the user name.

> Or something in filter_nnrpd.pl et al?
>
> http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/hook-perl.html

Yes, exactly.  See the section named "The nnrpd Posting Filter".

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Le travail n'est pas une bonne chose. Si ça l'était, les riches
   l'auraient accaparé. »