Libtool now unconditional in INN CURRENT

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Apr 4 19:14:00 UTC 2012

Hi Russ,

>> Per our recent discussion, as the first step of updating the INN build
>> system, I've made building with Libtool unconditional and removed the
>> --enable-libtool option.  That lets us update to Libtool 2.4.2 without
>> breaking things, so I've also done that.

That's great!  Many thanks for tackling that change.

> And I've now fixed our special support for -B, which broke make install.
> Sorry about that.  I should be more careful when it's been a long time
> since I worked on INN!  (Although that's another reason to eventually drop
> -B, since it requires remembering to fiddle with things.)

It was one of the very very few specific files we have :)

Usually updated during the release process:

   http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/hacking.html

There are no INN-specific modifications to those files except for
ltmain.sh which recognizes the additional -B flag that INN's install-sh
script uses. This script should also be updated at the same time from
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=automake.git;a=tree;f=lib>; it
similarly contains local modifications in order to support the
additional -B flag, as well as a few other changes mentioned in a
comment at the beginning of the file.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« – Vous n'avez rien à déclarer ?