INN: Is it dead, or … ?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 13 17:47:43 UTC 2012

Marc Fournier <scrappy at hub.org> writes:

> Other then the very occasional email on this list, usually about
> something not quite related to INN (inpaths was recent one), this list
> seems dead .. check the ISC web site, and last release was 2 years ago …

2.5.3 is waiting for them to post the announcement.  It's effectively been
released already, but I'm holding sending the announcement out until
they've had a chance to update the web page.

> I know there are ppl still using it (I am, so there is at least one),
> but are there many of us left, or have ppl moved onto other servers … ?

There isn't a lot of development activity, although Julien still finds
time to work on it from time to time.  It's mostly that people have
largely stopped using Usenet entirely, and as a result the demands on a
news server have decreased quite a bit.