No subject

Fri Feb 17 02:32:51 UTC 2012

server:                 news.ams.org
pathhost:               news.ams.org
moderatormailer:
domain:                 ams.org
fromhost:               news.ams.org

The msg-ids generated use sun06.ams.org.  I want news.ams.org there.
I fail to see how this is a "bad idea" in the case of a single news
server for a domain.  In the case of several news servers for a
single domain, I can see how using pathhost to generate the msg-id
is a bad thing, in the case each news server uses the same pathhost
(or fromhost).  Or did I misinterpret what you wrote?

Sorry that I didn't specify that I am concerned with a single news
server only.  It goes to show that how lack of consideration for
larger concerns can get one in trouble... :(

Regards,

Tom