No subject

Fri Feb 17 02:32:51 UTC 2012

uk.media.dvd 0000075377 0000067921 y
rdel.chat 0000000990 0000000659 y

GROUP command via telnet to mews server:

GROUP uk.media.dvd
211 7366 67921 75377 uk.media.dvd
GROUP rdel.chat
211 325 659 990 rdel.chat

LIST ACTIVE command via telnet to news server:

LIST ACTIVE rdel.chat
215 list:
rdel.chat 990 659 y
.
LIST ACTIVE uk.media.dvd
215 list:
uk.media.dvd 75377 67921 y
.

As you can see the data all matches up AFAIK.  However, it's suggesting
that I have 7366 articles in uk.media.dvd and 325 articles in rdel.chat
(a local newsgroup)?  That can't be right as I purged and delete the
newsgroups from both my newsreaders and resubscribed to them.  Both
newsreaders say that in rdel.chat and there are 7 articles in total and
uk.media.dvd has 790 articles.  What's going on there and how can I fix
this problem?

--

Rgds,

Edwin