No subject

Fri Feb 17 02:32:51 UTC 2012

thousands clients simultaneously.

} 2) Backend: 1-2 machines (2 CPU, 4GB RAM) with disk arrays
}    and 4-8 small machines as caching frontends.
}    It can be much more cheap, but I'm afraid about performance
}    problems, scalability, active synchonizing, etc...
}    Backend should deliver content to frontends via NNTP or NFS?
}    What would be more powerfull?

As to caching, what I'm worrying about is how the cache
server know expired/cancelled articles.  Some clients may
not care, but others may complaint, in case that the article
should be already gone.  I've considered a storage method
which utilizes remote server thru nntp, but I couldn't
reach good way to expire overview data in reasonable time.
I'm not sure how it scales with NAS.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou