Slow posting

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Thu Jan 5 18:53:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 07:34:42PM +0100, Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> Hi The Doctor,
>
>> within the last 24 hours,
>> I have been noticing that it takes 5 minutes
>> to post an article when yesterday it took 5 secinds.
>>
>> Please look into that.
>
> I do not know what could be the issue.  I do not see the problem on my news
> server.
>
> I think it is more related to your system.  Telnet'ing your news server
> takes a long time!  47 seconds for the following answer right now:
>
> $ telnet news.nk.ca 119
> Trying 204.209.81.3...
> Connected to news.nk.ca.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 502 You have no permission to talk.  Goodbye!
> mcount: gmon.out: Permission denied
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>

> Also, I still believe there is an issue in your installation of INN. Maybe
> related to your PATH or your configure options.
>
> In can.canet.stats, where you post your innreport stats, it is totally
> abnormal to see about 100,000 unknown entries.  The first 50 ones show lots
> of innfeed and innd checkpoints, that hopefully are *not* unknown entries!
>
> You should check the "mcount: gmon.out: Permission denied" I often read in
> these reports, and even when telnet'ing your news server!
> Do you build INN with profiling support?
>
> Incidentally, I do not understand how nnrpd can send this line.  I do not
> remember having seen such direct outputs, unless there is somewhere a
> redirection of error messages (?!)

I wonder if this has to deal with redundant upstream circuits?

> --
> Julien ÉLIE
>
> « Le tennis c'est comme le ping-pong, sauf qu'au tennis, les joueurs
>   sont debout sur la table. »

Member - Liberal International	This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!
https://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k
Merry Christmas 2011 and Happy New Year 2012 !