Streaming NNTP bug (redux)

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Jan 12 22:00:37 UTC 2012

Hi River,

> Finally I reproduced this using a list of 50,000 CHECK commands.  10,000
> was not sufficient ;-)
> It happens every time with this list.
>
> Then I applied your patch and tested again:
> So, this seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for having confirmed the issue is fixed.

The patch (probably in the form Russ suggested with only one conditional
on i > 0) will be in INN 2.5.3.

Speaking about INN 2.5.3, I see that
   http://ftp.isc.org/isc/inn/snapshots/
is being updated again.
(Though exact mirroring with deletion on the local mirror is still missing.)

That's a great news because it means that ftp.isc.org is no longer a
possible blocker for the release.  We're now just a few (pending)
commits away from the release.

P.-S.:  Do you still see lots of
Dec 7 18:38:55 isis nnrpd[17593]: Invalid or inaccessible entry
for article 1682 in /aux0/overview/u/t/b/uk.telecom.broadband.IDX:
offset 622623 length 306 datalength 622133
in your logs?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Le carré est une figure qui a un angle droit dans chaque coin. »
   (Jean-Charles)