Buffindexed page size limited?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Aug 1 19:16:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Fedora 18 ppc64, the overview/api.t test fails with:

# buffindexed
buffindexed: OV_HDR_PAGESIZE (16384) is not a multiple of pagesize (65536)
Opening the overview database failed, cannot continue

In storage/buffindexed/buffindexed.c:

#define OV_HDR_PAGESIZE 16384

if ((pagesize > OV_HDR_PAGESIZE) || (OV_HDR_PAGESIZE % pagesize)) {
      warn("buffindexed: OV_HDR_PAGESIZE (%d) is not a multiple of pagesize (%ld)", OV_HDR_PAGESIZE, pagesize);
      return false;
}

and config.h has:

/* Define to 1 if you have the `getpagesize' function. */
#define HAVE_GETPAGESIZE 1

So I wonder whether there is a reason for having set OV_HDR_PAGESIZE
to 16384 in the buffindexed source code.
Couldn't we just set OV_HDR_PAGESIZE to pagesize if pagesize > 16384?
This way, it would still work as it used to for existing working systems,
and it would also work for systems having pagesize > 16384.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« – Je t'ai préparé une bonne soupe dont tu me diras des
    nouvelles, mon garçon !
  – Pour moi, ça, ce n'est pas des bonnes nouvelles ! » (Astérix)