ptrdiff_t in CURRENT

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Dec 16 10:31:37 UTC 2013

Hi Jeffrey,

> Okay, so I ran autogen and now it compiles fine.

Good news then!

> has regenerating configure always been part of building from
> CURRENT? I have no recollection of needing to do it in the past.

It depends on the changes that have been committed to the sources.
If configure.ac or m4 files (including libtool ones) have been modified,
then yes, even CURRENT needs being rebuilt.
Of course not all changes in configure.ac or m4 files have an effect on
your system (for instance if the change is related to a portability issue
you do not need on your system), so usually not rebuilding configure works,
but anyway it is better to.

What I do is :

make maintclean
./autogen