ptrdiff_t in CURRENT

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Mon Dec 16 19:40:04 UTC 2013

"Jeffrey M. Vinocur" <jeff at litech.org> writes:

> Gotcha.

> Hmmm.  Any interest in building a safety check for this into the makefile?

Those safety checks have a bit of a checkered history, since they have a
tendency to fire if timestamps get messed up for some reason and then try
to run various programs like Autoconf that the user doesn't have (or fail
the build).

If we used Automake, you could pick your poison by choosing whether to
provide the --enable-maintainer-mode option to configure.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>