Berkeley DB relicensed to AGPLv3

Paul Walker paul at blacksun.org.uk
Thu Jul 4 12:04:59 UTC 2013

On 3 Jul 2013, at 19:06, Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

> True, but it's not clear that actually satisfies the requirement.  The
> license says that the source must be offered to all users who interact
> with the program.  The banner would clearly qualify, since it's always

I'd say it's not clear this actually applies to INN at all anyway, really. Users don't (usually!) interact with INN directly - they use other software,  slrn, other news transit stuff (suck), etc. Even if you put a message in the MOTD/help status, unless slrn or similar displays it the end-user still won't see it.

My guess is it's more designed for interactive programs running on the desktop, not for daemons.

Paul