Berkeley DB relicensed to AGPLv3

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at protocoltechnologiesgroup.com
Thu Jul 4 15:32:54 UTC 2013

actually, just the opposite:

 From http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-affero-gpl.html
"The GNU Affero General Public License is a modified version of the
ordinary GNU GPL version 3. It has one added requirement: if you run the
program on a server and let other users communicate with it there, your
server must also allow them to download the source code corresponding to
the program that it's running. If what's running there is your modified
version of the program, the server's users must get the source code as
you modified it."

Also, seems to be compatible with the ISC license that INN is released
under:
from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

    This license is sometimes also known as the OpenBSD License. It is a
    lax, permissive free software license, and compatible with the GNU GPL.

    This license does have an unfortunate wording choice: it provides
    recipients with "Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute
    this software…" This is roughly the same language from the license
    of Pine that the University of Washington later claimed prohibited
    people from distributing modified versions of the software.

    ISC has told us they do not share the University of Washington's
    interpretation, and we have every reason to believe them. Thus,
    there's no reason to avoid software released under this license.
    However, to help make sure this language cannot cause any trouble in
    the future, we encourage developers to choose a different license
    for their own works. The Expat License
    <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#Expat> and FreeBSD
    License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#FreeBSD> are
    similarly permissive and brief.