Unexpected rejection of path element in inn-2.5.3.

Florian Schlichting fschlich at cis.fu-berlin.de
Thu May 30 19:44:28 UTC 2013

Hi Jochen,

> I have got an issue with inn-2.5.3 during fedding it with new articles
> from another news server via suck.

it is not inn-2.5.3 you are talking to

> I have got the following error messages:
>

> 340 Ok, recommended ID <b0plqpF84niU84 at mid.individual.net>
> 441 Path contains invalid element "fu-berlin.de".
> Malfunction, Unable to post Article!
> 441 Path contains invalid element "fu-berlin.de".
> 340 Ok, recommended ID <b0plqpF84niU85 at mid.individual.net>
> 441 Foreign supersedes - You have no permission to supersede <ko223o$squ$2 at news.albasani.net>
> Malfunction, Unable to post Article!
> 441 Foreign supersedes - You have no permission to supersede <ko223o$squ$2 at news.albasani.net>
> 340 Ok, recommended ID <b0plqpF84niU86 at mid.individual.net>
> 441 Path contains invalid element "fu-berlin.de".
> Malfunction, Unable to post Article!
> 441 Path contains invalid element "fu-berlin.de".
> 340 Ok, recommended ID <b0plqqF84niU87 at mid.individual.net>
> 441 Path contains invalid element "fu-berlin.de".
> Malfunction, Unable to post Article!
> 441 Path contains invalid element "fu-berlin.de".
>
> It may be nice, if anyone has a explaination for this effect.

This is not your news server you are talking to, but ours.

News.Individual.NET does not accept articles with a Path header that
contains "fu-berlin.de". And we don't allow you to post supersedes for
anything else than your own articles either.

Just out of curiosity, what did you do with the other ten articles? Your
script downloaded 97 but only tried to post 87 articles... we want them
all back, you know ;-)

Florian