inn.eyrie.org now supports TLS (and uses it for Trac)

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Fri Nov 22 03:21:22 UTC 2013

It's increasingly best practice to make web site contents available via
TLS, and particularly important for anything that involves a password.
When I did the first quick-and-dirty setup of inn.eyrie.org's Trac
installation, I never bothered, but it started bugging me the other day.

This is now fixed: inn.eyrie.org content is available via either TLS or
without TLS, except for Trac which is now forced to TLS.

Note that inn.eyrie.org uses a CAcert.org certificate, so it may or may
not be trusted by your browser.  It's trusted by Debian, but you may see
an unrecognized certificate authority warning on other platforms.

Please let me know if you run into any problems or if I broke anything.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>