INN 2.5.4 release candidate
julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Apr 19 12:30:56 UTC 2014
A release candidate for INN 2.5.4 has just been made available
for download on ftp.isc.org:
Please report any issue you may encounter. The final 2.5.4 release
is scheduled in May.
Suggestion for the announcement follows.
Changes in 2.5.4
* An up-to-date control.ctl file is provided with this release. You
should manually update your control.ctl file with the new information
recorded about Usenet hierarchies.
* Fixed a long-standing limitation on how controlchan and pgpverify were
checking the signer of control messages. They now properly handle the
case of several UIDs being defined on a single PGP key, as well as the
presence of spaces into UIDs. In previous versions of INN, a few
valid control messages got ignored because of that limitation
(fido.ger.* and grisbi.* were for instance impacted).
* As the name of the radius.conf configuration file shipped with INN for
the nnrpd authenticator against a RADIUS server conflicts with the
libradius package, this file is renamed to inn-radius.conf (innupgrade
takes care of the rename during the update).
* The attributes hash is now accessible to nnrpd Perl posting filter.
As a result, filter_nnrpd.pl can make use of it. Only authentication
and access Perl hooks could previously use the attributes hash.
Thanks to Steve Crook for this addition.
* INN now properly builds fine with flex 2.5.36 (this version introduced
a change of type for a variable used by INN).
* When using funnel feeds, innfeed log files were open forever, which
resulted in empty log files, once rotated by scanlogs. innfeed now
reopens its log files upon receiving a HUP signal; this signal is in
particular sent by scanlogs during log rotation. Thanks to Florian
Schlichting for the patch.
* Exploder and process channels are now reopened when "ctlinnd
flushlogs" is used. Otherwise, they could hold open an already
deleted errlog file. The issue affected in particular controlchan or
ninpaths, running as such channels.
* Fixed a buffer overflow when using imapfeed with more than a million
commands during the same IMAP session. Thanks to David Binderman for
the bug report.
* Fixed a segfault occurring in innd on systems where time_t is a 64-bit
integer. Thanks to S.P. Zeidler for the patch.
* Fixed a segfault occurring in nnrpd when a res block was used in
readers.conf without the program: key.
* Fixed an issue where users were denied posting because of an
overlapping buffer copy in a check nnrpd was doing. Thanks to Florian
Schlichting for the patch.
* Fixed a regression that occurred in INN 2.5.3 regarding the path used
by default by pullnews for its configuration file. Instead of looking
in the running user's home directory, it was looking in the *pathnews*
directory parametered in inn.conf. Thanks to Tony Evans for the bug
* When neither wget nor ncftpget nor ncftp was found at configure time,
the path to the simpleftp substitution program shipped with INN was
not proprely set in innshellvars, innshellvars.pl, and the
"INN::Config" Perl module. Thanks to Christian Garbs for the bug
* ckpasswd no longer tries to use the ndbm compatibility layer provided
by Berkeley DB if Berkeley DB has been built without ndbm support.
Also add support for gdbm libraries in ckpasswd.
* Fixed a Perl warning in inncheck; using "defined(@array)" has been
deprecated since Perl 5.16.
* Fixed the occurrence of an unexpected "cant select" error generated by
innd. Thanks to Paul Tomblin for having caught that long-standing
* When building INN with Berkeley DB support, no longer add -L/usr/lib
to the linker include flags; unconditionally adding it may break the
build on systems using lib32 and lib64 directories.
* On a fresh INN install, motd.innd and motd.nnrpd are no longer
installed by default. Instead, samples for these files are provided
in *pathetc*, named differently so that their default contents are not
displayed to news clients before they get customised.
* Other minor bug fixes and documentation improvements.
« – Je vous ai à l'œil, Gaulois !
– Briseradius est furieux, je ne donne pas cher de votre peau !
– Bien sûr, puisqu'il nous a à l'œil. » (Astérix)
More information about the inn-workers