nnrp conf

Edwardo Garcia wdgarc88 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 23:45:29 UTC 2014

Julien,

On 12/17/14, Julien ÉLIE <julien at trigofacile.com> wrote:
> Hi Edwardo,
>
>>>      auth example.com {
>>>          hosts: "*.example.com, example.com"
>>>          default: <LOCAL>
>>>      }
>>>
>>>      access full {
>>>          newsgroups: *
>>>      }
>>
>> this brackets comment with LOCAL says localhost , so much confusion,
>
> I suggest the following wording for the documentation.
> Would it be clear enough or should something else be explained?
>

> «
> Probably the simplest useful example of a complete readers.conf,
> this gives permissions to read and post to all groups to any connections
> from the "example.com" domain, and no privileges for anyone connecting
> elsewhere:
>
>      auth example.com {
>          hosts: "*.example.com, example.com"
>          default: "<EXAMPLE>"
>      }
>
>      access full {
>          newsgroups: *
>      }

I think as other say, be better for very clear example in add user: <EXAMPLE>

> Note that the access realm has no users: key and therefore applies
> to any user identity (in this example, the user identity that will be
> assigned to all matching connections is <EXAMPLE>).  The only
> available auth realm only matches hosts in the "example.com" domain,
> though, so any connections from other hosts will be rejected immediately.
> »

This is still confuse, this what leed to my server be open to
everyone, someway, it did not work this procedure because I try follow
that at first.
I not think you need  /dumb/ down like Nick say, but be generous in
example explanation.

Edwardo