hide headers

Nick Edwards nick.z.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 04:25:49 UTC 2014

Hello,
First of all, inn newbie alert, not a newsmaster newbie having used
dnews for 15 years, but dnews is not ipv6 capable, nor have/will they
release a 64bit binary and they have no intention on releasing source
code to build same, otherwise its served us real well, but, the time
has come to change for ipv6 use which has become mandatory due to ipv4
exhaustion, good thing is dnews refeed option allowing us to push all
existing articles to our new inn box, all works well with inn, in our
dev setup, but before we change DNS and have inn the real news server
in production, we need to sort out some hiding of headers.

I get  "addnntppostinghost:   false"   but how do we stop all of the
other X-trace and X-X stuff that identifies a poster?  (We use IP
range access not some remote database if that matters)

Thanks
Nik