hide headers

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Sep 8 19:59:59 UTC 2014

Hi Nick,

> we need to sort out some hiding of headers.
[...]
> I get "addnntppostinghost: false" but how do we stop all of the other
> X-trace and X-X stuff that identifies a poster?

Besides Steve's wise answer I also recommend regarding the X-Trace:
header field, I suggest you have a look at:
     <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/inn.html#S6.11>

---
Hide the Injection-Info header

There is no built-in support for suppressing generation of the
Injection-Info header.  You can, however, remove it from inside a Perl
posting filter.  Try using a posting filter like this:

     sub filter_post {
         $modify_headers = 1;
         delete $hdr{'Injection-Info'};
         return '';
     }

Note that you have to set $modify_headers to make changes to the article
header effective in the actual posted article.  Instead of removing the
header, you can also alter it if you modify $hdr{'Injection-Info'}.
---

This method of course works for other headers.
I hope it answers your needs in case you wish to hide other headers than
the X-Trace: one or the Injection-Info: one.

More information about posting filters:
     <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/hook-perl.html#S5>

And welcome to INN by the way.  Do not hesitate to ask questions here or
in news.software.nntp in case you need some help.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Obsequium amicos ueritas odium parit. » (Térence)