INN 2.5.4 strange crash

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Feb 3 10:29:34 UTC 2015

Hi Petr,

> Today, After news daily run, I get many such errors:
>
> Feb  3 03:20:03 ns innd: innfeed-neva2!:46:proc:29301 46 sleeping
> without
> Waker
> Feb  3 03:20:03 ns innd: innfeed-neva2!:46:proc:29301 46 sleeping
> without
> Waker

Pretty interesting.
First, it shows that the segfault was really generated by a channel that
was sleeping but without being totally initialized (no Waker).  The good
thing
is that INN no longer crashes when this pattern occurs.

However, I am still puzzled as for the origin of the error.
innfeed-neva2! is removed from sleeping (SCHANremove just before that
log) but
is still considered to be sleeping the next run of the loop (and again
without
Waker...).

Do you happen to have the following other logs for that channel?
   "%s blocked sleeping %lu"
   "%s sleeping"
   "%s cant spawn spooling %m"

--