Tweaking inn.conf values for INN 2.6.0

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Jul 13 16:37:35 UTC 2015

> * wireformat: switch from false to true
> (better performances)

At the same time, I also suggest changing the default of use-mmap in
innfeed.conf.  It is currently set to false; it specifies whether
mmaping should be used.  The caveat in the doc is that "if article data
on disk is not in NNTP-ready format (CR/LF at the end of each line),
then after mmaping, the article is read into memory and fixed up, so
mmaping has no positive effect (and possibly some negative effect
depending on your system), and so in such a case this value should be
false".

In current modern systems, I suppose it no longer has negative effects.

max-queue-size could also be increased in innfeed.conf.  Its default
value is 5.  It defines the maximum number of articles to process at one
time when using streaming to transmit to a peer.
With current amount of available RAM, we could perhaps increase it to 20
by default.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« – Où vous croyez-vous ici ?