nnrpd given the same PID as innfeed

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Jun 19 17:57:12 UTC 2015

Hi Richard,

> The repeated PIDs and consistently growing elasped time is the clue that
> got me there.  Evidently it is revisiting the same PROCtable entries.

OK, thanks.  Patch applied.
The previous one (for signal masking) should still be kept, shouldn't it?

I also instrumented innd/proc.c to log a line in news.notice when each
function is entered.
I only have one log:

% grep PROC news.notice
Jun 19 13:59:57 news innd: PROCsetup called

After almost 6 hours of run, still no realloc or calls of PROCreap and
PROCscan that change PROCtable.  And no "exit 1" errors.
I would have thought these functions were used more frequently.

Thanks again for your work on that issue!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Medicus dedit qui temporis morbo curam, Is plus remedii quam cutis
   sector dedit. »