Parameters for NNTP COMPRESS extension

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Nov 29 19:04:57 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The next release of INN (2.6.1) will have compression support for news
reading, via the use of the COMPRESS extension currently described in:
     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-murchison-nntp-compress-02

Do you have a need for specific parameters to tune it?

For the moment, I only plan to add a new inn.conf parameter
(nntpcompression) that enables/disables NNTP compression support.

Note:  we currently have a similar tlscompression parameter to
enable/disable TLS compression support.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Aequum est ut cuius participauit lucrum, participet et damnun. »