Running INN through a Socks Proxy?

DataPacRat datapacrat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:48:01 UTC 2016

As part of a comm project I'm working on, the front-runner design is
to run INN through a Socks proxy, to tunnel the traffic through a
particular network.

My initial Googling with various combinations of the terms 'inn',
'nntp', 'socks', and 'proxy' has turned up the suggestion of using
3proxy, ala https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorifyHOWTO/Misc#AnyTCP-basedprotocol
. I'm not entirely confident that that's good advice, so I'm hoping
for a second opinion from people who've spent more time working with
INN - that is, the members of this mailing list.

Do you know anything about how well INN plays with 3proxy?

Do you have any better suggestions for running INN traffic through Socks?

Do you know of any other groups, fora, or lists I could ask these questions on?

Thank you for your time,
--
DataPacRat
"Then again, I could be wrong."