Attention Julien Elie

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Oct 15 12:39:09 UTC 2016

Hi Dave,

> 1) Still getting that FAILED error.

No explicit error messages in news.crit, news.err or news.notice?

Isn't there a lock file hanging around in your system (in the <pathrun>
directory) ?
Your daily Usenet reports begin with:
   "/usr/local/news/etc/news.daily: Locked by "

> 2) What was done in the configuration os tht
> INN could compile with openssl 1.1 with the BN_Init ?

Nothing was done, as INN does not use BN_init().
Had we used it, we would probably have switched to BN_new() instead:

   https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/crypto/BN_new.html
     "BN_init() was removed in OpenSSL 1.1.0; use BN_new() instead."

--
Julien ÉLIE

« – Ils devraient pourtant savoir que le sanglier c'est sacré pour
     nous.
   – Et toi, tu as une sacrée façon de l'adorer. » (Astérix)