Anybody here familiar with how JOPES uses NNTP?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Wed Feb 1 00:03:49 UTC 2017

Hi Folks,

It's my understanding that, at least as of a couple of years ago, a
collection of private, classified newsgroups are included in JOPES
(joint, conventional command and control system) - one of the big C2
networks.

I wonder if anybody here has any information about what they actually
use in the way of NNTP software, and any contacts - either within DCA or
in the support contractors involved.  (I'm gearing up to work on some
nntp-based collaboration software - inspired by the old Netscape
Communications Server - and it strikes me that the JOPES folks might
have some interest.)

So... can anybody offer some input, contacts, or point me a couple of
steps down the road

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra