Inews and long headers

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Jul 10 18:46:36 UTC 2017

Hi Kamil,

>>> +    # Remove empty header lines within header body.
>>> +    s/\n[ \t]+\n/\n/g;          # middle
>>> +    s/\n[ \t]+$//;              # last line
>>> +    s/^([^:]+):[ \t]+\n/$1/;    # first line
>>
>> s/^([^:]+:[ \t]+)\n/$1/;
>> with wider scope for $1 will be far better!
>
> Your patches are ok for my purposes :) I have had some dobuts about "middle"
> pattern, but I thinks is ok.

The "middle" pattern will remove the 2nd and 4th lines of the following
example:

Header: test\n
        \n
   non-empty header line   \n
     \n
        last line\n

(in mailpost, \r is removed)

Thanks for the confirmation the patch works for your purposes.
I'll commit it, and it will be shipped with INN 2.6.2.

If you see other stuff to fix in mail-to-news gatewaying (or any other
feature), do not hesitate to drop a mail.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Allons, reprends du poil de l'homme ! » (Astérix)