question about patch 10070

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Sep 15 19:50:08 UTC 2017

Hi Harald,

> Articles containing control characters or whitespace-only content lines
> in their headers are now rejected by B<nnrpd> at injection time.
>
> This appears to be pretty painful. AFAICT some Windows spam filters create
> lines like

> without any content after colon-space.
>
> I stumbled over this problem via mailpost. After the upgrade to 2.6.1
> tons of EMails got rejected with an error message

That was indeed a side effect of the patch, appearing in mail
gatewaying.  I'm sorry it generated a regression in mailpost, that was
not behaving how it should have.

That bug was fixed in patch 10156:
   https://inn.eyrie.org/trac/changeset/10156

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Si uis pacem, achète des menhirs ! » (Saugrenus)