INN 2.6.2 release candidate
julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Feb 4 14:23:22 UTC 2018
A release candidate for INN 2.6.2 can be downloaded at:
The MD5 checksum is: 144462cf3266ba0a02b4bf9364362d9b.
A PGP signature, and a patch from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2rc1 are available in the same directory.
Feel free to report any issue you may encounter.
The release is scheduled in February or early March.
Changes from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2
* A new *syntaxchecks* parameter has been added in inn.conf. It permits
to control the level of checks performed by innd and nnrpd. Up to
now, only one check can be enabled/disabled: when *laxmid* is
mentioned in the values of this new parameter, INN accepts Message-IDs
that contain ".." in the left part, as well as Message-IDs with two
"@" (such Message-IDs would otherwise be considered as syntactically
invalid). See the inn.conf(5) man page for more details.
The check is disabled by default (*no-laxmid*), which corresponds to
the legacy behaviour of INN 2.6.1 and earlier.
* mailpost now removes empty header fields before attempting to post
articles, and keeps trace of them in the X-Mailpost-Empty-Hdrs: newly
generated header field body. Also, mailpost now sanitizes header
fields with regards to empty continuation header lines. Thanks to
Kamil Jonca for these bug reports.
* A new -z parameter has been added to mailpost to mention a list of
header fields to remove from the gated message. Thanks to Dieter
Stussy for the patch.
* Fixed a bug in inews that was rejecting articles containing header
fields whose length exceeded 998 bytes. This limitation is for the
length of a single line of a header field (and not for the length of
the whole header field, as it was wrongly the case).
* A few commands listed in the "Control commands to INND" section in
daily Usenet reports were appearing as a mere letter; all of them are
now properly converted to meaningful words.
* The *tlsprotocols* parameter in inn.conf now recognizes the "TLSv1.3"
value (for OpenSSL versions implementing TLS 1.3, that is to say
starting from OpenSSL 1.1.1).
* The buffindexed overview method will now hopefully work properly on
systems with a native page size larger than 16KB.
* Other minor bug fixes and documentation improvements.
« Et s'il n'en reste qu'un, je serai celui-là ! » (Victor Hugo)
More information about the inn-workers