Throttling issues INN

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Sat Jun 16 23:07:50 UTC 2018

Grant Taylor <gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net> writes:
> On 06/16/2018 01:57 AM, Avon wrote:

>> Mode: throttled (loadav [innwatch:hiload] 2366 gt 2000)

> I would be concerned if that load average directly translates to the
> load average reported by uptime or top.  (I don't know if it's a
> multiple or even related.)

It's uptime with the period deleted, so roughly 100x times the reported
uptime number.  So this is a 23.66 load average, which means that about 24
processes are trying to run simultaneously.

My guess given that / ran out of space is that something on the system
(maybe multiple things) is in some kind of crash and restart loop and
hammering the system.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>