NNTP COMPRESS clients? RFC 8054

Eric Wong e at 80x24.org
Sat Jul 6 04:49:42 UTC 2019

Hey all, wondering if there's clients which support COMPRESS, yet.
It's on the TODO for tin (it reads the capability, at least).
But otherwise I'm not aware of any I haven't been able to find any,
and I couldn't find anything in the inn test suite.

Anyways, the reason I'm asking is I've prepared a patch to the
Perl Net::NNTP module and am hoping I got everything right...
I've only lightly tested it against news.gmane.org which runs inn:

I also implemented it server-side in public-inbox-nntpd[1],
which powers news.public-inbox.org, but there's a danger I'm
implementing something wrong on both ends in that case :x

Thanks for reading and all your work on inn!

[1] https://public-inbox.org/meta/20190705225339.5698-1-e@80x24.org/