Hardening flags

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Mon Dec 7 19:34:16 UTC 2020

>> My initial feeling is no mostly because I don't expect many users of
>> INN to be building their own Perl or Python (generally they come with
>> whatever distribution they're using), and if they do build them, I
>> think most people will build them shared rather than static

> Noted, thanks for your answer.

>> (although I admit I don't know what the default is)

> As for Perl, default is static.
> One needs to run "./Configure -Duseshrplib" so as to have a shared library.

Oh, huh.  Okay, yes, that does push me a bit more towards saying it
wouldn't be a horrible idea to document this somewhere (although I still
suspect most people aren't building Perl themselves).

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)             <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

     <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html> explains why.