silently ignore duplicate inews via mailpost

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.com
Fri Dec 18 08:35:51 UTC 2020

Hi Julien,

thanx for your patience. It happened again yesterday, so I am able to
send you the configuration and a sample.

There are 2 EMail aliases on our inews & sendmail server saying

CUSTOMER_BOSS: "|/usr/lib/news/bin/mailpost -c 15 -b /var/tmp -x To:CC example.projects.CUSTOMER_BOSS"
example.projects.CUSTOMER_BOSS: "|/usr/lib/news/bin/mailpost -c 15 -b /var/tmp -x To:CC example.projects.CUSTOMER_BOSS"

(We have >50 aliases following this scheme. They are generated from
the list of local newsgroups matching "example.projects.SOMETHING". The
"short" alias was introduced to make it easy for our colleagues to post
by EMail.)

AFAICT the EMail/News article was posted using thunderbird. The header
I received within the mailpost failure message was