ovsqlite

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Dec 18 21:03:27 UTC 2020

Hi Bo,

> The first patch is split out because it has general utility,
> not specific to ovsqlite.
>
> I use some generated files, so I wanted to enhance storage/buildconfig
> to add lists of files to be removed at various cleanup levels.
> METHOD_SOURCES, EXTRA_SOURCES, and PROGRAMS were handled by separate
> code paths that were identical except for the names.  This cried out
> to be replaced by a table-driven approach, so that's what I did.
>
> The Makefile-related data could end up in either %storage or %overview,
> and so had to be merged and re-sorted before Make.methods could be written.
> I changed this to use a new %makefile variable containing
> the Makefile-related data for both storage and overview methods.

A useful enhancement, indeed!
Just merged upstream.

> More testing is needed; I've only used the hardware I've got at home,
> which is all x86_64 (macOS 10.15 and Fedora 33).

There's an issue with the second patch when SQLite is not installed
(HAVE_SQLITE3 unset).
The build fails because buffer_t is an unknown type in
ovsqlite/ovsqlite-private.c (not defined in the
ovsqlite/ovsqlite-private.h header when HAVE_SQLITE3 is unset).
Maybe ovsqlite should just not be built when SQLite is not installed?
(like authprogs/auth_krb5 is not built when Kerberos v5 is not installed)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Ils ont de ces armes secrètes, les Gaulois, qui devraient être
   interdites par la commission internationale des Helvètes ! » (Astérix)