ovsqlite

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Sat Dec 19 03:56:00 UTC 2020

Bo Lindbergh <2bfjdsla52kztwejndzdstsxl9athp at gmail.com> writes:
> Quoth Russ Allbery <eagle at eyrie.org>:

>> It feels like a great way to do overview that will be easier to maintain.

> What parts of the current overview code are hard to maintain?

ovdb has historically required some porting to new versions of BerkelyDB,
although as the development pace of BerkeleyDB has stalled, it's come up
less.  buffindexed is a neat idea, but it's had a fair number of bug
reports and I'm not 100% convinced that it's reliable against various
relatively rare problems.

I think tradindexed is relatively solid (of course, I would, since I wrote
the current incarnation of it), but it's also kind of slow and it's
conceptually wrong to roll one's own database when actual database engines
exist.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)             <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

     <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html> explains why.