ovsqlite

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Thu Dec 24 17:18:36 UTC 2020

>> We'll now need ovspool for article storage :-)

> sqlitespool I meant!

I'm wondering if sqlite could handle the history file.  Article storage is
mostly bulk blob storage, and I'm not sure of sqlite is the best tool for
that, but the history file is a weird, ancient bespoke database format
that's kind of a pain to work with if you ever have to figure out wtf is
going on under the hood.

Historically the history file cared a great deal about transaction speed,
but there's a memory cache in front of it now, so mostly write performance
would be the concern, and that's relatively trivial compared to the
overview writes.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)             <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

     <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html> explains why.