Odd typing

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Nov 8 09:10:58 UTC 2020

Hi Bo,

> Why does the overview interface use int rather than ARTNUM
> for article number and count parameters of some methods
> (groupstats, opensearch, expiregroup)?

I bet the answer is just for historical reasons, code was just initially
written with int instead of ARTNUM.

 From time to time, improvements are done.  For instance:

   https://inn.eyrie.org/trac/changeset/7540
"Article numbers should be stored in variables of type ARTNUM rather
than ints.  Article numbers are unsigned, so print them appropriately.
Work around the broken overview API for right now."

At some point, INN should also handle 64-bit article numbers.
Supporting that requires a bit of work...

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Ce vieux forban d'Asthmatix, il ne manquait pas d'air ! » (Astérix)