INN2 user authentication against system users

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Feb 11 16:21:46 UTC 2021

Hi Kevin,

> I've successfully authenticate against the newsusers file,
> I tried to authenticate against system users but no success.
> I don't want to maintain a seperate set of news users,
> how do I do authentication against the system users,
> like /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow?

Wouldn't "ckpasswd -s" be what you are looking for?

> The readers.conf man page is complicated, I don't quite understand.
> Glad to get some example configulation. :-)

It is one of the most complicated page indeed!

Which part of the EXAMPLES section at the end of the man page would you like to emphasize more?
  https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/readers.conf.html

"ckpasswd -s" is notably in 2 examples, but maybe the description is not clear enough?

I would be happy to take into account your suggestions.

--
Julien ÉLIE