Containerizing INN

Jason Evans jsevans at mailfence.com
Wed Mar 10 15:22:04 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I'm working on a project to containerize INN and run it on Kubernetes.
I am using a precompiled binary in the container that is installed with
the package manager (openSUSE based image). Currently, I am having the
issue that when I run rc.news in the container, I get the following
output: "Starting innd." and then the application dies without any other
output and nothing is written to the error logs in /var/log/news/

This is the command that I am using to start rc.news:

su news -s /bin/sh -c /usr/lib/news/bin/rc.news | tee /var/log/news/rc.news

I would like to know if anyone in this group has any experience with
this and if anyone has any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue.

My git repository is here: https://gitlab.com/jsevans/inn-container

Best Regards,

Jason Evans