NNTPS pointers

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Oct 20 21:23:48 UTC 2021

Hi Grant,

> Would you please elaborate on what you mean by "stunnel with TCP
> wrappers"?  As in what is TCP wrappers doing to modify stunnel?  Is it
> just allowing / blocking access?  If so, I'd think that a firewall could
> do the same thing.

I've not played with stunnel but as far as I understood from previous
discussions about it, when innd is accessed through stunnel, it does not
see the remote peer's IP address so cannot verify it is really a peer.
TCP wrappers will allow only the right IPs.

I guess a firewall could also do the trick.  And also stunnel itself by
the way, if it has native support of TCP wrappers (when built with the
libwrap library), I've just read that in its documentation.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Attention aux bugs dans le code ci-dessus. Je ne l'ai pas testé, j'ai
   seulement prouvé qu'il était correct. » (Donald Knuth)