ref unwanted email.

Olaf Zaplinski o.zaplinski at broadnet.de
Thu Dec 16 22:13:58 UTC 2004

Jon Lawrence wrote:
> 4 x the usual rate. I just received about 20 spam's. Normally I get about half
> a dozen per month - I'm pretty sure the lists are currently set to bypass my
> own filters.

Hmm... after I sent my last message to you, I got two other ones. Header of
one was:

From: "Wilburn Sanchez" <52demolish at mail.accessorl.net>
To: irrtoolset at ripe.net
Subject: thorium
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:01:18 -0500

So irrtoolset at ripe.net seems to be open for spam. Just in case, I
unsubscribed from everything.

> If I want to keep up with what's
> happening in the RIPE region and possibly even take part in the future
> directions things go, then need to be on the mailing lists EOS.

Yes, that is true. But receiving two or more spam messages every hour is too
much.

> OK, lots of spam would be a major pita but in the main the RIPE lists are some
> of the most spam free ML's I'm on.

Up to today, I would have said the same.

> just could'nt think of a better place to post the first message (should've
> gone to antispan-wg I suppose)

I CC'ed the anti-spam-wg now, but I had to guess its address. www.ripe.net
does not make this list's address publicy visible, apparently an anti spam
measure.

Olaf