SEGV with IRRToolSet 4.8.5 on Solaris

S.P.Zeidler spz at serpens.de
Mon Jan 7 16:22:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thus wrote Ian Dickinson (iand at eng.pipex.net):

[...]
> BTW, It's been real fun getting IRRToolSet compiled on many platforms for a
> while - it's got a lot better recently.

Having it in pkgsrc gives a quite amazing variety of compile tests.
I do honestly hope that the ability of the package to compile with GNUC < 2
is entirely useless though :>

> I maintain IRRToolSet as binaries for Solaris on Sparc and x86 as part of the
> blastwave project.  http://www.blastwave.org/packages/CSWirrtoolset
>
> Current version is 4.8.5,REV=2007.11.30 which is the current 4.8.5 version
> plus recent IPv6 patch.

http://pkgsrc.se/net/irrtoolset-nox11
The pkgsrc package contains a few more patches as well, including a
correction to Hagen Boehms caching patch that I didn't get around to
mailing yet (see
http://cvsweb.netbsd.se/cgi-bin/bsdweb.cgi/~checkout~/pkgsrc/net/irrtoolset-nox11/patches/patch-dj?rev=1.2;content-type=text%2Fplain
and
http://cvsweb.netbsd.se/cgi-bin/bsdweb.cgi/~checkout~/pkgsrc/net/irrtoolset-nox11/patches/patch-dn?rev=1.1;content-type=text%2Fplain
for the resulting patches against 4.8.5).

No Solaris binaries though :)

regards,
	spz
--