problems when including stdint.h

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Wed Oct 1 09:14:52 UTC 2008

Hagen,

[ Apologies for disappearing for a while, I was on a business trip the
  last couple weeks. ]

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 11:02 +0200, Hagen Boehm wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 06:00:36PM +0200, Shane Kerr wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 15:04 +0100, Hagen Boehm wrote:
> > >
> > > I tried to compile IRRToolSet-4.8.5 on Solaris 9 but I got problems when
> > > including the <stdint.h> header:
> >
> > I don't have a Solaris 9 system to test with, but I think this is fixed
> > in the Subversion trunk:
> >
> > http://irrtoolset.isc.org/ticket/7
> >
> > If you have a system to test it, that would be great.
>
> thanks, replacing "#include <stdint.h>" by "#include <inttypes.h>" in
> src/gnu++/int.defs.h solves the problem for Solaris 9. Compilation succeeds.
>
> But there is a line in the main configure script saying:
>
> # On IRIX 5.3, sys/types and inttypes.h are conflicting.
>
> Is that still a problem?

This line comes from configure produced with the latest version of GNU
Autoconf.

But according to the Wikipedia IRIX the "current" release of IRIX, 6.5,
was released in 1998. A little google-fu find a page claiming that IRIX
5.3 was released in 1994.

So... it might still be a problem for IRIX 5.3, but I think we can
say... "we don't care".

Cheers,

--
Shane