Bit of tweaking to IRRToolSet web site

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Mon Feb 9 23:09:39 UTC 2009

S.P.Zeidler wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:39:05AM +0000, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> Given that you usually care about entities and would ideally allow
> macros, your aspaths usually have little numeric meaning. I get the point
> about '.' being mistaken for a wildcard, but IMO that asks for asplain
> to be allowed, not for asplain to be required.
>
> > It also breaks the
> > concept from a computer parsing point of view that an ASN is a number.
>
> As it does with IP addresses?

There have been a lot of arguments about asdot vs asplain, and the reasons
for and against are well known - I'm not going to rehash them here.
However, enough people apparently felt that there were sufficient problems
with asdot that they wrote an RFC about it with a specific recommendation to
use asplain, and probably it would be wise to support this RFC.

Sigh, I'm beginning to see shades of the proverbial bikeshed here; we're losing
track of the central problem, namely that IRRToolSet doesn't yet support
ASN32 out-of-the-box.

Your patch causes gcc to get upset.  I'll post an update to it shortly.
Looks like a header problem, but I'm not on my dev box at the moment.

Nick