revised extended autnum patch, was: Re: Bit of tweaking to IRRToolSet web site

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Tue Feb 24 10:42:51 UTC 2009

On 24/02/2009 08:42, S.P.Zeidler wrote:
> I assume you don't use gmake

Ah, yes - this is the problem (am using freebsd).  It works fine if I
rebuild using gmake - thanks for the pointer!

> But I noticed I'll need to go over it again anyway, since I seem to have
> been 'asplaining' a bit too enthusiastically:
[...]

ouch, nasty.

> This is going to pose an interesting problem if/when the registries start
> to mix asdot and asplain, I guess irrtoolset ought to try and match both.
> Fixing this will take at least until after next weekend, maybe longer.

RIPE and APNIC will be the first to use asplain by default, and I'd expect
this to happen fairly soon.  ARIN may follow later on rr.arin.net, if at
all;  no idea about LACNIC or AfriNIC.

Nick