Bit of tweaking to IRRToolSet web site

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Tue Jan 27 10:39:05 UTC 2009

S.P.Zeidler wrote:
> I've reworked the patch to give a -asplain option to RtConfig and peval et al.
> It's somewhat crude (everything uses asnumbers as ASt when they really
> ought to use ItemASNO) and it needs testing (not even compile tested yet,
> beware).

I'll take a look at this patch.  But could I suggest that as asplain is now
recommended IETF format, that IRRToolSet use asplain by default. Maybe the
patch could be changed to implement an "-asdot" command-line switch?  This
is a two-line change from your current set of diffs.

Just by way of background info, APNIC has already moved from asdot to
asplain, and the address policy working group at RIPE is likely to approve
a similar proposal (2008-09) shortly.

There's a useful summary of the problems associated with asdot here:

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/policies/proposals/2008-09.html

The only addition here is that as-representation-01.txt is now an RFC and
recommended practice.

Nick