RPSL automation

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Wed May 20 11:56:31 UTC 2009

On 15/05/2009 02:08, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> I would therefore humbly suggest deleting prtraceroute, prpath,
> CIDRAdvisor, aoe and roe from the distribution. This should allow the
> removal of a large cascade of ancient code from librpsl and in
> particular libCore.

I've created a branch called "cruft-cleanout" (r225) and have deleted all
of this stuff from it, leaving only librpsl, peval, rpslcheck and RtConfig
as the primary targets of the distribution.  The reduction was done by
removing aoe, roe, CIDRAdvisor, prtraceroute and prpath, and then carefully
removing unreferenced, auto-generated and redundant code.  This branch now
contains about 60750 lines of code.  The trunk contains a little more than
112kLoC, so this is a reduction of 46% of the entire code base.

The next phase of this clean-up is to begin to look at manually removing
some library dependencies from the remaining code base.  There is some low
hanging fruit here.

If anyone wants to play around with this branch, you will need to
regenerate the configure files in /, /src/Core and /src/rpsl using GNU
autoconf.

Nick