Death of irrtoolset?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sun Oct 11 00:01:22 UTC 2009

> Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 16:46:54 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jonathan Day <imipak at yahoo.com>
> Sender: irrtoolset-bounces at lists.isc.org

As Pekka Savola suggested, take a look at RAS's IRR Power Tools (IRRPT) at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/irrpt/ It is not a full RPSL
implementation, but it does a lot of the things IRRToolSet does in code
that can actually be read.

I worked with the author on porting the RAToolSet (original name of
IRRToolSet) to Tru64 on the Alpha and I found the code about as opaque
as could be imagined and the licensing makes it effectively useless to
commercial users.

Take a look at IRRPT and see if it will do what you need to do or if you
can add functionality to it.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)