Death of irrtoolset?

Fredrik Pettai pettai at nordu.net
Sun Oct 11 12:42:42 UTC 2009

On Oct 11, 2009, at 1:46 AM, Jonathan Day wrote:
> [...]

snip.

> A third option would be see if you can get help on this. Ubuntu and
> Red Hat have coders aplenty and serious financial muscle. OpenBSD
> needs network tools that are bulletproof, and irrtoolset (as it
> stands) is clearly not that. The US Government is pushing
> cybersecurity, but you can't have that if fundamental tools aren't
> secure. Japanese ISPs were major sponsors of IPv6 development - for
> code and cash, perhaps they'd be willing to provide some help with
> this. Sweden is also highly connected and must therefore have a need
> for good backbone support tools.

There is actually a fund provided by IIS in Sweden for the development
of the Internet:
http://www.iis.se/en/se-ar-mer/internetfonden/

It's not 100% clear if a project with the goal of re-writing
IRRToolkit from scratch would fall within the criteria to be funded.
But it might be worth investigating.

Regards,
/P