RtConfig in IRRToolset v5.0.0

Bruce Morgan Bruce.Morgan at aarnet.edu.au
Wed Apr 7 15:57:47 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Not sure whether I should be writing to this list or a bug list somewhere.

I¹ve been moving over to IRRToolsetv5 this past week and while the coding is
very much improved, I have noticed some strange behaviour. While peval still
works fine rtconfig seems to treat the AS-SET AS-4739 as empty and returns
ANY/NOT ANY on the prefixes. Not sure whether it is parsing it as a
non-existent AS rather than an AS-SET. Change the AS-SET to another name,
such as AS4739:AS-CUSTOMER and all works fine.

The other thing that comes to mind is that IPv6 prefixes are not easily
adjustable. If I have a /32 and allow a customer /40 upto /48 to advertise
rtconfig either ignores it or seems to go away calculating every subprefix
in IPv6 address space. I may want to allow customers to advertise upto /64
internally providing they tag appropriately. Also wondering whether to
create blackhole routes so that even /128s could be advertised internally.

Basically I would like similar policy functionality in IPv6 space as IPv4
but the current rendition of rtconfig doesn¹t want to parse it properly and
only returns the original /32 prefix eg

from AS65518 at 2001:388:1::83 action community.append(7575:2131);
                        accept AS6262^0-64 AND <^PeerAS+$>;

Regards

Bruce
--
street address:  AARNet, POD 3, 20 Dick Perry Ave, Kensington, WA 6151,
Australia
m. 0408 882 390     t. +61 8 9289 2212      e. bruce.morgan at aarnet.edu.au
w. www.aarnet.edu.au